The Studio Experience
My studio is in a quiet, professional business office setting. There’s plenty of off-street parking.
You may choose what music you prefer, and you’re welcome to talk or remain quiet — whatever is best for you.
What techniques do I use?
There are many different techniques and styles of bodywork. Generally speaking, they all involve using touch to reduce stress and pain and to improve health.
I personalize my service to you by listening to you — both what you say to me, and what I can intuitively “read” from your body — to determine what method will offer the most benefit to you. These are the modalities I have training in:
- Myofascial Release uses cross hands release and soft tissue mobilization to engage the three-dimensional fascia, which, when restricted, can cause intense, seemingly random pain.
- Deep Tissue works more deeply into tissue, through opening techniques and deeper pressure. This is very effective for pain relief.
- Sports Massage involves general massage, but incorporates stretching of tissue, manipulation of joints, and range of motion work.
- Craniosacral Therapy manipulates the body rhythm of the spinal column and the spinal fluid to effect physical changes in the body. It is the most “subtle” technique I use.
- Swedish Massage uses gentle effleurage strokes to work muscle tissue. This is generally considered a “light” massage.
Benefits of Treatment
- Pain Relief
- Stress reduction
- To be in touch with your own body
- Releases endorphins which relieve depression
- Increases flexibility and freedom of movement
- Improves athletic performance
- general feeling of well-being