The Studio Experience
My studio is in my home. My treatment room is isolated from the rest of the house and used for massage only. The time I spend with you is your time, and there will be no interruptions from the phone or the household.
You may choose what music you prefer, and you’re welcome to talk or remain quiet — whatever is best for you.
What techniques do I use?
There are many different techniques and styles of bodywork. Generally speaking, they all involve using touch to reduce stress and pain and to improve health.
I personalize my service to you by listening to you — both what you say to me, and what I can intuitively “read” from your body — to determine what method will offer the most benefit to you. These are the modalities I have training in:
- Myofascial Release uses cross hands release and soft tissue mobilization to engage the three-dimensional fascia, which, when restricted, can cause intense, seemingly random pain.
- Deep Tissue works more deeply into tissue, through opening techniques and deeper pressure. This is very effective for pain relief.
- Sports Massage involves general massage, but incorporates stretching of tissue, manipulation of joints, and range of motion work.
- Craniosacral Therapy manipulates the body rhythm of the spinal column and the spinal fluid to effect physical changes in the body. It is the most “subtle” technique I use.
- Swedish Massage uses gentle effleurage strokes to work muscle tissue. This is generally considered a “light” massage.
Benefits of Treatment
- Pain Relief
- Stress reduction
- To be in touch with your own body
- Releases endorphins which relieve depression
- Increases flexibility and freedom of movement
- Improves athletic performance
- general feeling of well-being